Do you ever hear people say you should get your hair cut once every 8 weeks but you never believed them or never knew why? Do you hear these things all the time and wonder if they are true? I asked my hair stylist, Carrie Cole, if they were true and why? Here's what she had to say.
1) You should not wash your hair everyday because it robs your hair from its natural oils which keep your hair healthy (unless your hair is too oily to begin with).
2) You should not sleep with your hair in a clip or ponytail because it rips out your hair as you toss and turn in the night. It also knots it.
3) Never brush your wet hair. It pulls it out and makes it thin. Instead use a wide tooth comb and work from the bottom up to get the knots out. When your hair is dry, carefully use a brush and work from the bottom of the knot up.
4) Before doing any sort of swimming, put conditioner in your hair and let it sit for five minutes. It helps keep your hair healthy and help keeps it from getting damaged by the harsh chemicals in the water.
5) Even if you are trying to let your hair grow out, you need to have your hair trimmed every 8 weeks. People think not getting it trimmed will help it, but actually, they are wrong. The ends of your hair need to be kept up with. If the ends are dead, your hair will not grow as fast.
6) To protect your hair from major heat damage, add a bit of oil to your hair. The heat will burn off the oil and not your hair. Say, "bye bye, heat damage!"
7) Deep condition your hair once a month. For a cheap and quick deep condition, put lots of conditioner in your hair and put on a shower cap. Stand in the sun of 10 to 20 minutes and rinse. When you shower you should keep your conditioner in for 5 to 7 minutes.
Happy Hair Day!
© 2010 by Haylie Gregory. All rights reserved.
Haylie likes to go to stores and try on the ugliest clothes she can find and take pics of her in them with her friends! And to make it weirder ... she ends up liking at least one of the items! Usually the shoes. :) She believes beauty is the heart of a person in love with God and that heart is clearly shown to others. Among her favorite things are Converse All Stars, Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Eyeshadow, Pride and Prejudice (2006) and Robin Jones Gunn books.
She and two friends, Sarah and Madeline, have a fashion blog at modstylelounge.blogspot.com. Check out their site for more fashion articles like this.
Labels: fun and fashion