"No More Strength"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Lynn Cowell
Proverbs 31 Speaker

“How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe.” Daniel 10:17 (NIV)


Have you ever stepped outside of your comfort zone to do something for God and then wondered, “What am I doing? Why did I agree to do this?” Maybe you signed up to lead a Bible study or begin a new prayer group. At the time it seemed like a great idea, but now that you are in it, you are sure it was not! You are scared, nervous and wish you could turn back.

I sure have felt like this! Recently, I said “yes” to God. “Yes” to being used by Him in a way that was beyond my comfort level.

Saying “yes” took me thousands of miles away from home, away from my family and the comforts of my home. Now, as I stood in the airport, the tears began to puddle. What was I thinking? I feel so alone. Then in my spirit I felt His Spirit, “You said yes to Me, Lynn. You said yes to Me.” Oh, yeah. That is why I was there.

As I stood waiting in a long line, I noticed I had a voicemail. It was a friend saying she didn’t know what I was doing, but she was praying for me. I could no longer hold back my tears. They trickled down my face as I thanked the Lord for hearing and seeing me. As the Bible tells us, “He sees our frame. He knows that we are dust” (Psalm 103:14). He knew how I felt and He wasn’t angry with me. He wanted to comfort me.

Sometimes when we step out of our comfort zone for God, it is not easy. In fact it is very hard. Like Daniel in Daniel 10:17, we may feel our strength is gone and we can hardly breathe, but these feelings of discomfort do not necessarily mean God did not intend for us to do the thing we are doing.

Think of the first time you rode a bike. You didn’t know how; you had to learn. Many things in life can be uncomfortable as you are getting started, but if you assume those feelings of discomfort mean you’re not supposed to do that thing, you may miss out on a huge blessing. New things usually begin with discomfort, but end in joy!

That weekend that started with tears for me ended with seeing the Lord work in and through me in a way I had never experienced before. Be brave, my sister. Say “yes” to God; even to the uncomfortable things, and see what new joy He will bring your way!

Dear Lord, I really dislike being uncom
fortable. I want to do things that impact Your kingdom, but I’m scared. Please give me strength to get past my fears and see You do Your work in me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:


Ponder: Philippians 4:13, “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.” (NIV)

Apply: Is there an area in your life where you have sensed God asking you to “step up,” but fear has held you back? Ask Him to give you the strength to take that next step.

Share: Is there a situation in your life when you said “yes” to God and you saw God do really cool things as a result? Share about it here!

© 2009-2010 by Lynn Cowell. All rights reserved.


Lynn Cowell lives in Charlotte, NC with her family. They enjoy hiking, football, rugby, white water rafting, fast pitch softball and music.

Lynn loves hanging out with girls and challenging them to run hard after Jesus; to discover Him as the purest lover of their heart and to find that He completely fills every corner and every desire. He alone.








www.radicalrevolution.org
A Division of
Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits