The Adventure of a Lifetime

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Rachelle Rea

“Oh, how I love your law! I meditate on it all day long.” Psalm 119:97 (NIV)


When I was twelve, I bought my first Bible. The bright colors of the Bible meant specifically for teen girls attracted my attention immediately. I was hooked for good when I saw the pictures and many study tools the Bible contained. I brought it home and immediately dove in! Soon I had devoured most of the notes, articles, and quizzes peppered throughout my new Bible. However, it was when I actually began to read my Bible that my journey really began! I was amazed at what I learned when I sat down to just read my Bible!


First, I learned that the characters I read about it were just like me! They struggled, they sinned, they asked questions, they succeeded, and they struggled again. It was freeing for me to realize that the people in the Bible were just that … people! Do you see the men and women in the Bible as plain old everyday people?


Next, I discovered that the Bible could be interesting. The everyday language of the NIV made each verse jump off the page. I was enthralled by the many page-turners I found. There were heart-breaking tales which nearly reduced me to tears. My feminine heart sighed as I read love stories that were romantic and sweet. The Bible is not some dry religious book! It is a collection of captivating stories! Do you know of some of the page-turners, sad stories, and romances in the Bible?


Tip: There is a page-turner located in Exodus 3-12, a sad story in Acts 5:1-11 and a winner romance in the book of Ruth. What other captivating tales can you find?


Lastly, I began to recognize a central theme as I grew in my knowledge of the Word. The Bible is all about God and His longing for a loving relationship with me! The Bible is the Lord’s love letter to me – and to you, too! Woven into every chapter and verse is the whisper, “I love you and I want you to know me.” The Bible is the most valuable and beautiful invitation I have ever received. Have you ever viewed God’s Word as the Lord’s invitation to you, beckoning you to draw closer to Him?


“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” Psalm 119:103 (NIV)


Do you see reading your Bible as an adventure to be had? Why or why not? Leave a comment and share your thoughts.


CHALLENGE: Pick up your Bible and read it! Expect that God will meet you within the eternal pages. And get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!


Book to Check Out: The Bare Bones Bible Handbook for Teens: Getting to Know Every Book in the Bible by Jim George


© 2010 by Rachelle Rea. All rights reserved.


A college freshman, Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. She loves blogging, walking, chocolate, and hanging out with friends. One thing that encourages her constantly is how God loves her in spite of how often she messes up. Her favorite verse is Ephesians 3:20 because through that verse, God reminds her to dream big because He dreams big!


For more from Rachelle, visit her blog at
www.rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com.




www.radrevolution.org
A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits