"Miracles: Part Two"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Autumn Sisk

"…What is impossible with men is possible with God." Luke 18:27 (NIV)


Continued from Monday…



…I then sent an email out to some friends telling them my dismal news. I said, “I serve a God of miracles, and that is what we need.” I asked them all to pray with me for peace and that if God wanted us to have kids, for Him to heal me.


The next month was crazy. I kept struggling but knew that I had lots of people praying for me. I found out that a very close family member was going to have a baby. I was so happy for her, but at the same time I was mad about my situation. It was almost unbearable. As I went on with my daily routine, however, I finally began to relax and feel that God was in control. Every time I turned on the radio, I heard songs about keeping the faith. Every time I opened my Bible, I found scripture to lift my spirit, like “Sorrow may last for a night, but joy comes in the morning” (Psalm 30:5).


Just over four weeks after my last doctor’s visit I decided to take a pregnancy test. I took the test, put it on the counter and went to brush my teeth. When I walked back over and glanced at it, there was a huge and very clear + sign!!!! I almost fainted. Could this be??? I took 4 more tests and all of them were positive. I saw the doctors and they confirmed it.


Our first child will be born at Christmas this year!


What a miracle.


I guess God just wanted to show off His miracle-working power. He heard the prayers of my friends, family, and my husband and me too. He waited until everyone thought there was no chance. He proved to all of us that He is a God of miracles, and if He chooses, He can do anything. The surgeon even said to me “This is truly a miracle.”


Ju
st remember when things seem impossible, God is in control. He will work things out for His glory and good purpose. It may not be His will to always answer our prayers the way we think He should, but He truly answers them in ways that are much bigger and better than you or I could ever imagine! Keep believing.


Dear Lord, I pray that those who read this will be strengthened in their faith. Thank You for Your miracles in our lives. I ask that we will always be willing to tell others of Your greatness towards us. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:

Ponder: Ephesians 3:20-21, “Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.” (NIV)


Apply: Write out a prayer to God praising Him for His power. Tell Him you will trust Him to do more than you could ever imagine with your life!


Read: The One Year Devos for Teens by Susie Shellenberger


Share: What are some miracles you are waiting for?


© 2010 by Autumn Sisk. All rights reserved.



Autumn Sisk lives in Atlanta, Georgia and has been a competitive tennis player since high school. She enjoys leading a Bible study for teenage girls and wants to one day visit Jerusalem. She is addicted to watching and cheering for the Atlanta Braves and also loves watching the Disney channel on T.V. Her favorite Bible verse is Colossians 3:17 because knowing how much Jesus loves her inspires her to live her life for Him.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

WOW! thanks for that,it was really encouraging. oh,and congrats!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits