"Answered Prayer"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Rachelle Rea


"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)


Unable to sleep, I finally gave in and flipped on the lamp on my nightstand. Squinting and trembling, I pulled open the drawer, trying to be as quiet as I could. It was late at night, after all. The house had that still feeling about it that reminded me everyone else was asleep or at least trying to be. I didn't want to disturb them. Still I had to pull out my notepad and pen. There was a gentle urge to write the few words tumbling around in my heart.


"Lord, do you really want me to do this?"


A still small voice whispered yes.


So I wrote.


Just five lines long, a few words to a line, the Page stared back at me. A million doubts exploded like fireworks in my sleepy brain.


"Lord, what if...?"


"Trust Me."


"Okay."


Turning off the light, I flopped back on the bed.


And was out like a light.


Until the next morning when the Page again confronted me.


The Page contained my prayer requests. My requests for the college classes I wanted, specifically, the schedule I wanted. The schedule that would best allow me to keep up with my part-time job and have plenty of study time.


"Is it too specific, maybe, Lord?"


"Trust Me."


So I did. And I prayed that I would receive those classes, those days, and those hours.


"I sought the Lord and He answered me..." Psalm 34:4

I went into Registration a few weeks later.
Every single prayer was answered.
Every single request was granted.
When I looked at the Page again, every word sang to me. And my heart sang back to God in gratitude and praise.
My prayers weren't answered all at once without work, without a bit of frustration, without help.
But they were answered.
And that's really all that mattered.


So I headed off to college, my faith in a Great Big GOD that much deeper. My faith in answered prayers that much wider. My faith in the fact that He sees, He hears, He loves (no matter what!) that much bigger.


Be daring in your prayers.


Dear Jesus, thank You for loving me, seeing me, and hearing me. I pray that You would deepen my faith as I learn to be daring in my prayers. In Jesus’ name, Amen.



GO DEEPER:




Ponder: 1 Corinthians 2:9, "...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.” (NIV)



Apply: God answers prayers one of three ways: “yes,” “wait” or “I’ve got something better for you.” Begin a prayer journal, writing down your prayers and the date you began praying them. Then, when God answers your prayers in one of these three ways, write down His answer and the date you heard or saw His answer.


Read: His Princess: Girl Talk with God by Sheri Rose Shepherd


Share: What’s a daring prayer you’ve prayed in the past? How did God answer it?


© 2010 by Rachelle Rea. All rights reserved.


A college freshman, Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. She loves blogging, walking, chocolate, and hanging out with friends. One thing that encourages her constantly is how God loves her in spite of how often she messes up. Her favorite verse is Ephesians 3:20 because through that verse, God reminds her to dream big because He dreams big!





For more from Rachelle, visit her blog at
www.rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com.





Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

I love what you said: Be daring in your prayers. That's always something I try to live by. I've been praying for something that I've heard many people say is 'impossible' but I still pray. Because I know my God delights to do the impossible! :)

Anonymous Kristen said...

Amen to that Debra & Rachelle! And even when God chooses to answer our prayers differently than we had hoped or expected, His answer is always greater than we could have imagined. I love God! He's so amazingly awesome.

Anonymous Lynn Cowell said...

Rachelle,
I loved this devo, Rachelle. Daring to ask God; daring to believe!
Lynn

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should always be daring because God DOES answer, I continue to pray for one particular thing that won't be answered until my wedding day, but I keep praying. God answers so you should ask!!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits