"In Jesus' Name"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Debra Weiss

“Then Peter said, ‘Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.’” Acts 3:6 (NKJV)


When I was a kid, “in Jesus’ name” was how my family ended their prayers. A church kid since before I could talk, I didn’t think much about it. It wasn’t until recently I began to understand just what “in Jesus’ name” meant.


Peter and John, two of Jesus’ disciples were hanging out, headed into church when a beggar stopped them. This beggar was lame and had been since before birth. He’d never felt the joy of walking on the sand or running across a long stretch of road.


He couldn’t work and there was no disability system, so this man was reduced to begging. It was his livelihood. He sat at the temple gate and begged money of everyone who entered. As Peter and John passed by his way, the beggar asked for a donation.


Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."


Peter didn’t say, “In your power, rise up and walk.”


No, Peter said, “In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk.”


What happened next was a miracle.


“And he took him by the right hand and lifted him up, and immediately his feet and ankle bones received strength. So he, leaping up, stood and walked and entered the temple with them--walking, leaping, and praising God. And all the people saw him walking and praising God.” Acts 3:7-9 (NKJV)


To make a request in Jesus’ name is to call upon the King of Kings in our hour of need. It is only in Jesus’ name that we will find true healing. It is only in Jesus’ name that we will find true lasting freedom. It is only in Jesus’ name that we will find real peace.


Dear God, today I pray that You would make me aware of the power available in the name of your Son. When I am tempted to do things in my strength or power, please remind me to trust in Your Son’s name instead. In Jesus’ name, Amen.





GO DEEPER:


Ponder: John 14:13-14, “And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.” (NKJV)


Apply: Is there a situation in your life you haven’t prayed over? If so, stop right now and pray over the situation in Jesus’ name trusting that He will answer.


Read: Bridge Called Hope: Stories of Triumph from the Ranch of Rescued Dreams by Kim Meeder


Share: Do you try to do difficult things in your own power or do you pray in Jesus’ name believing that He really will answer your prayers?



© 2010 by Debra Weiss. All rights reserved.



Debra lives outside of Charleston, SC. She enjoys journaling, road trips, good music, learning new things, lemon filled Krispy Kremes, and hanging out with friends and family. She loves worshiping God because when we worship God, we are acknowledging that He is Supreme Ruler of our lives. After growing up in a Christian home, at the age of 13, she decided to be an atheist. Yet God searches after each prodigal relentlessly. When she was 16, she rededicated her life to Jesus Christ and has been seeking Him ever since.






Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Super Mel said...

Love this post Debra, you are very talented & creative!!! God bless you! :) <3

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Thank you, Mel. I'm so glad you stopped by today. Have a wonderful afternoon! :)

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits