"After His Heart"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Audrey B.

“…I have found David son of Jesse a man after My own heart…” Acts 13:22 (NIV)


I would like to reword this verse, “… A girl after My own heart.” How do describe a girl after God’s own heart? A girl after God’s own heart is the girl who is a friend when you need one and who stands up even when it’s not “popular.” She represents 1 Corinthians 13:4: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud” (NIV). All she wants to do is share God’s love with others. She’s not perfect, and she doesn’t try to be.


As God’s daughters He begs us to become girls after His heart! He knows that a girl after His heart wants to be challenged in her faith. She knows God’s not going to let her go and that God thinks she’s beautiful. He wants her to never stop wanting more, to never stop seeking God, to never stop deepening her faith. She has such a passion in her heart for God and His ways that she can’t describe it. She just shares it. She knows she is a sinner and needs Christ’s forgiveness. She is saddened when she sees people who live without God, for she knows they are lonely no matter what they say. She admits her struggles and fears and asks God to point out her flaws no matter how painful. She‘s learned to pray, “Thy will be done,” instead of telling God her plans, for His ways are best.


Do you want to be a girl after God’s own heart? Don’t let the “list” above intimidate you! All you need to do is be a girl who loves God and wants to be more than just “luke-warm” (Revelation 3:15). God girls can become luke-warm too, but aren’t happy with it and work to change. Everything above comes as you grow in the Lord! It won’t happen overnight; it takes perseverance.


Think on what being a Gods girl means, then fill in the blank with your name. Remember being a girl after God’s heart isn’t like being in some exclusive club; instead, it’s a shared passion for Christ!


I, ______________, am a girl after God’s own heart.


Dear Heavenly Father, I come before You now asking You to bestow upon me a deeper passion for You. A passion that will never stop wanting to grow, and when I do stop, I ask that You would renew my strength so that I may make it through that dark time. Help me to always keep You top priority in my life. Thank You God for listening to me. Thy will be done. In Jesus’ name, Amen.


GO DEEPER:


Ponder: 1 Corinthians 13:4, “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.” (NIV)



Apply: Make a point to spend a few minutes in prayer each day asking God to help you grow in Him.


Read: God Girl: Becoming the Woman You’re Meant to Be by Hayley DiMarco


Share: Do you honestly think about God much in your day to day life or are you guilty (as am I) to push him aside during the week? How will you change that?


© 2010 by Audrey B. All rights reserved.



Audrey B. lives in Florida and loves peanut butter cup ice cream. When it comes to music, Natalie Grant and Britt Nicole are her fave artists. She looks forward to learning French some day and loves lime green and orange anything. Her favorite family tradition is going to the mountains with her family to cut their own Christmas tree. Jeremiah 29:11 speaks to her heart because she knows God has a great plan for her!








Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Cowell said...

Audrey,
Thanks so much for sharing this! I am going to print it out and share it with my RadRev Girls group tonight!

Blogger radrevolution said...

Madi: I think about Him, but I still feel guilty for not spending more time with Him.

Lindsay: I pray during random times like in school, etc. I also pray every night when I go to bed.

Alexandra: I pray before tests. At dinner, I always say "thank you for things." I pray and ask Him to help me make the right decisions.

Anna: Lately I have been praying a lot that I don't loose my temper with a couple of people who make me mad.

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits