"Great Wonders"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Kristen Sigmon

“Purify yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do great wonders among you.” Joshua 3:5 (NLT)

Hope. Preparation. Promise.

Joshua spoke this before the Israelites crossed over into the land God had promised them. They had heard about this Promised Land but didn’t know what to expect. Little did they know the abundance God would provide there. It would be a great change from the wilderness they had been traveling in for decades.

We are much like the Israelites; we don’t know what to expect in the future. We know God has good things for us (Jeremiah 29:11, John 10:10), but we have a choice: Believe God, prepare ourselves for what He has in store, and step out in faith when He calls us to, or NOT believe God’s got something good in store, and be cynical, complacent, lazy, and disobedient. The Israelites chose the first and God is calling us to do the same.

As Christ-followers, we’re called to purify ourselves, or set ourselves apart, for God. We do this because we love God and because we know the purer our lives are, the more clearly we’ll reflect Christ to a hurting world (2 Timothy 2:21).

Purification is preparation for what is to come, preparation for seeing God do amazing things.

In my life, as I’ve set myself apart for God, I’ve seen God do amazing things. I haven’t always gotten everything I wanted, but I’ve gotten all I’ve needed and more. I haven’t gotten a boyfriend, but I’ve found true satisfaction & fulfillment in Jesus as my first love. I haven’t gotten a ton of best friends, but I have a reconciled and deeper friendship with my best friend. I followed God to seminary, and though I have a hefty student loan payment, I also have incredible memories, special friends, and new healing in my life … and God has provided financially.

What do you believe God has in store for your life? Amazing things or just average? What you believe will determine how you live your life. I choose to believe God has amazing things ahead.

I leave you with some principles that have helped me and may help you embrace all that God has for you:

+ Know God’s Word, which is Truth (John 17:17).

+ Talk to God daily. And leave space for Him to talk to you.

+ Let go of anything that distracts you from loving God with all of yourself.

+ Pursue God-sized dreams. Believe Him for what seems impossible. Don’t settle for less that His best.

+ Follow God where He leads you, even if it seems crazy or hard.

+ When life gets tough, keep looking up; things will get better if you don’t give up.

+ Find godly friends and mentors. They’ll encourage you to keep going when you want to give up. They’ll also challenge you to become more like Christ.

+ Be thankful in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18). When hard times come, remember God’s faithfulness and goodness in the past.

+ Let God be the love and passion of your life.

+ Prove your love for God by loving others.

Father God, Thank You for Your promises, including that You have a great future in store for my life. Remove anything in my life that would keep me from stepping into this reality. Help me to be thankful in the hard times and the good times, and to never give up. I want to know Your Truth, believe Your promises, prepare myself for what You have in store, and step out in faith when you call me to. Be glorified in my life in greater ways than I can imagine. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:

Ponder: Jeremiah 29:11, “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” (NIV)

Apply: Choose one or two of the above principles to focus on in 2011, or come up with your own. Write it down and pray about it. Invite God to do the work He wants to do in your life.

Read: God Girl: Becoming the Woman You’re Meant to Be by Hailey DeMarco

Listen: One Pure & Holy Passion

Share: What is a dream you have for your life?

© 2010 by Kristen Sigmon. All rights reserved.

www.radrevolution.org

A Division of Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels: , ,



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought God Girl it is wonderful~ luv this post

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going to miss you so much Kristen!!!!!!

Anonymous Kristen said...

Thanks! I'm going to miss you guys too! Lynn is absolutely awesome and she will bless you guys so much through her gifts and heart! :) God's best to all the Rad Rev readers!!!!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits