"Never Alone"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Debra Weiss



“Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you’."
Hebrews 13:5 (NKJV)


It should have been a peaceful spring day. Lately my life had felt anything but peaceful. I was stressed and worried as I stood in the sandy play area at my local church. God seemed far away from my problems, almost as if He’d just vanished when I need Him most.


"Debbie, I can't see you," my ten year old sister, Jessie said with panic in her voice. Jessie’s fear stopped me from contemplating my own problems and forced me to focus on her dilemma.


Jessie was perched at the top of the biggest slide in the park. At first, she'd liked the idea of sliding down this slide. Now that she was at the top, she wasn't so sure she wanted to go down.

This was a covered slide and had several steep curves. From the top where my sister sat, all she could see was darkness and she was frightened.

I knelt down in front of the slide so my voice would carry up to her, "Listen, this is where faith comes in. Sometimes we have to go into the darkness. I know you can't see me but you have to trust that I'm here just the same."

In a timid voice, Jessie asked, "You're there?"

"I’m right here," I said. "Now, come down. I won't go anywhere."

Just like Jessie, I’d been facing darkness and I felt abandoned. Instead of trusting God to catch me, I gave into fear.

For the first time, I wondered if perhaps God wanted me to walk in faith, trusting that He was there, even if I couldn’t see Him.

Are you facing a dark situation where it seems that God has forsaken you? It can be hard when we face a scary situation and we feel alone.

Our emotions don’t always tell the truth. Our emotions will say, “God has left you.” Yet God, who cannot lie, will never leave us. That’s one thing you can always count on.

Wherever you are, trust that God is still with you, even if you can’t see Him in your present darkness.

God, thank You that You give me the promise that You will never leave me. You are always faithful. Always here. I ask that You would remind me to trust You, even when You seem to far away. In Jesus’ name, Amen.



GO DEEPER:


Ponder: Matthew 1:23, "Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means 'God is with us.’” (NLT)



Apply: Next time you feel like God isn’t near, pray and ask God to help you trust His word and not your fickle emotions.

Listen: Never Alone by Barlow Girl and Safe by Phil Wickam

Share: How can you trust God when He appears to have left you?



© 2010 by Debra Weiss. All rights reserved.


Debra lives outside of Charleston, SC. She enjoys journaling, road trips, good music, learning new things, lemon filled Krispy Kremes, and hanging out with friends and family. She loves worshiping God because when we worship God, we are acknowledging that He is Supreme Ruler of our lives. After growing up in a Christian home, at the age of 13, she decided to be an atheist. Yet God searches after each prodigal relentlessly. When she was 16, she rededicated her life to Jesus Christ and has been seeking Him ever since.





Labels: ,



10 Comments:

Anonymous Hannah said...

Debra,
thank you for this awesome devotional. Right now I have one very big, dark tunnel to slide down. My dad's health is really bad and he's in so much pain that he can't eat, like anything. so he has to be on an IV nutrition so that he doesn't starve to death. His boss was leeting him work at home, but his boss is starting to make him come in to work, his patience is running out. The worst part is that we don't even know what is causing his severe abdominal pain. It is constantly at a 6 on a scale of 1-10. He can bearly make it up the stairs even with help. We have to constantly be near by to help him get around so that he doesn't fall. And this has been progressing to this point for the past year, thanksgiving was the one year mark. He's been in the ER several times, to many because I've lost count. I'm also having a hard time keeping up with my school even though i am homeschooled. My mom and I also don't get along the best. She is not my confident, I don't talk to poeple and open up very much. Church is also really diffucult right now to. I'm a member of a church that has issues, going with friends to another sometimes, attending a church plant semi-regularly, and would like to go to another church that I have some friends at, ALL at the same time. things are really hard right now and that si the SHORT version of what is going on right now. Yeah, life is complicated, but I believe in a very big God and I just need to stay focused on HIM and stay in the word.

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Hi Hannah,

I wish I were near by so I could give you a great big bear hug. I'm sorry your life is so difficult right now.

I'd like to share with you a few things that have helped me get through my own 'darkness'.

The first thing I'd like to tell you is that God has a plan. He says so in Jeremiah 29:11:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I know that right now it probably does seem like it. I know right now everything probably feels like it's spinning out of control. But rest assured, God is *still* in control. He hasn't left His throne.

Secondly, choose to trust in what you know is true. Choose to trust that He is near and in control.

Choosing to trust doesn't change our circumstances or the pain caused by them but it does make them easier to endure.

What you're going through, there is a purpose. This isn't happening randomly. God is working on something in your life and in the lives of those you love.

I'd also like to tell you that I was ill for a very long time with a mysterious disease and God used that time in my life.

For me, I came to a crossroads in my own faith. I had to decide if I really trusted God and if His Word was true.

I chose to trust. I still went through a painful, dark time but God used that. God never wastes any experience in our lives. He always uses it.

In fact if I hadn't been through that time, I couldn't you all this. But I have walked a road similar to yours and I can tell you it will get better.

Keep hanging on to God. He will get you through. <3

I'm going to say a prayer for you right now and I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers:

Dear God, I come to You on behalf of my sister, Hannah. You see what her family is going through and you see their pain. I pray Lord for your healing touch upon her father. Make him well again. I don't know what disease he's facing but You do. You're the Great Physician. Give his doctors wisdom. Send a doctor that knows what to do and how to help.

I pray for Hannah, Father. I ask that You give her a quiet piece in the midst of this tunnel. I ask that You remind her today that You're still near--even when life is dark.

I pray for Hannah's mother and any other siblings that she has, God that You would give them the strength and grace to keep going.

I pray for Hannah's dad's boss. I pray that You would cause him to be overcome by compassion for Hannah's dad, to be willing to help. Please move in his heart.

Please intervene in this situation, God. You're the only One who can. Restore this family. Make them whole again. Heal their hurts.

In Your precious name, Amen.

*Hugs to you my dear sister in Christ.*

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Hi Hannah,

I wish I were near by so I could give you a great big bear hug. I'm sorry your life is so difficult right now.

I'd like to share with you a few things that have helped me get through my own 'darkness'.

The first thing I'd like to tell you is that God has a plan. He says so in Jeremiah 29:11:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

I know that right now it probably does seem like it. I know right now everything probably feels like it's spinning out of control. But rest assured, God is *still* in control. He hasn't left His throne.

Secondly, choose to trust in what you know is true. Choose to trust that He is near and in control.

Choosing to trust doesn't change our circumstances or the pain caused by them but it does make them easier to endure.

What you're going through, there is a purpose. This isn't happening randomly. God is working on something in your life and in the lives of those you love.

I'd also like to tell you that I was ill for a very long time with a mysterious disease and God used that time in my life.

For me, I came to a crossroads in my own faith. I had to decide if I really trusted God and if His Word was true.

I chose to trust. I still went through a painful, dark time but God used that. God never wastes any experience in our lives. He always uses it.

In fact if I hadn't been through that time, I couldn't you all this. But I have walked a road similar to yours and I can tell you it will get better.

Keep hanging on to God. He will get you through. <3

I'm going to say a prayer for you right now and I'll continue to keep your family in my prayers:

Anonymous Hannah said...

Debra,
you rock, probably 'cause you're in THE ROCK. Thank you so much for sharing the verse and prayer, sniff,sniff. <> I was just what i needed, now to apply it. What state do you live in? I'm just wondering how far my hug will have to travel!:) thanks again. I think I'll tape that verse where I can see it!
sis in him w/ love,
Hannah

Anonymous hannah said...

ugh, the<> you see is hugs!

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Hey Hannah,

Glad I could encourage you. Definitely post that verse some place you'll see it. I have the walls in my bedroom decorated in encouraging quotes and Bible verses, anything that makes me smile or encourages me is on my walls! :)

I live in South Carolina, in a coastal area. I'm not far from the Atlantic Ocean (I love it!). Where are you out of? :)

Debra

Anonymous Hannah said...

I live in Colorado in the Denver Metro area kind of. Everytime we come out of our subdivision we have a breath-taking view of the mountians ( totally rocks, get it? rocks? moutains? lol?) I share a room and a bunkbed. I have the top bunk so I have a few feet over the bed that I have pictures of friends and a cork board, it's cool.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well said! You did an awesome job! God has certainly blessed you with the gift of writing!keep it up!

Blogger Pat said...

Hi Debra
My goodness what wisdom and knowledge God has poured into your life!!! Your post and comments back to others were a real blessing to me,and you're so right God does not waste anything we go through he uses every bit.I did enjoy your post very much you're a real blessing!
Love ya Pat

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much for stopping by Rad Rev today. I'm glad you liked the devo. :)

Debra

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits