Close to His Heart

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

“He tends His flock like a shepherd:
   He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to his heart…”
Isaiah 40:11

        It struck me one day that in this verse the sheep are not the main characters. The shepherd is. The shepherd initiates the action. He reaches for the lambs, picks them up, and carries them. And He doesn’t just carry them any old way. He carries them close to His heart.


        I can’t get closer to God by reading my Bible, kneeling in prayer, or attending church. Those are all wonderful pursuits and they are absolutely necessary Christian disciplines.


        However, the secret to getting close to the heart of God doesn’t lie in my actions or in any facet of my life.


I could spend hours in Bible study, prayer, and Sunday school – and still not be close to His heart.

The thing about getting close to the heart of God is

it’s

all

about

Him.


How do I get close to God?

I can’t.

I must simply let Him reach out, gather me in His arms, and carry me.

The unconditional, undeserved, eternal love of Jesus saves me, redeems me, and pulls me into the most important relationship in my life.


God loves me not because of anything I’ve done but because

He

Just

Loves

Me.

He wants to have a relationship with me. He wants to bring me close to His heart.


All I need to do is let Him.





GO DEEPER:



Ponder:  “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46: 10 (NIV)


Apply: Carve out five minutes (or more!) every day for two weeks. Be still and allow God to speak to you.


Read: Redefining Beautiful: What God Sees When God Sees You by Jenna Lucado


Share: Does it encourage you that God wants to draw you close to Him? Is it hard for you to let go and let Him?



Rachelle Rea, Rad Rev Devotion & Article Writer
A college freshman, Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. She revels in the undeniable truth that God loves her no matter what. She is seeking to allow Him to draw her closer to His heart more and more each day. As a go-getter, letting someone else do all the work is a hard concept to live out sometimes, but God is working in her.

For more from Rachelle, visit her blog at www.rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com.




Living with Purpose: A Radical Revolution ∙ A Ministry of Lynn Cowell
www.RadRevolution.org ∙ Lynn@LynnCowell.com





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits