Faith is the Victory

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


                                             
Faith is the Victory
                                                                                  
By: Alexandra Cagwin


Key Verse:
            Ephesians  4:5-6,  “One Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” (KJV)
Devotion:

Have you ever lost faith in God? Well I have to admit that I have. A while back my parents decided to separate and I felt very lost. I didn’t know what to do or who to go to. It seemed as though God said to me that he just didn’t feel like helping out anymore.

The thing I had to realize on my own was that, God does not mess with free will. He chooses to let us make our own choices, no matter how much that stinks. God also has a plan for each and every one of us. Although it doesn’t seem like it, he does.

It took me a while to see the positive side in the divorce. Now I am very close with my mother and I wouldn’t have been if the divorce didn’t occur. Also, I never would have been as close as God as I am now.

So you need to remember that through all of the pain, God is there for you. It says in Isaiah 25:8 “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.” (KJV)
Take your time while reading this verse and don’t be afraid to read it again. There is one specific part in it that I think is the most important part and that is “The Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces.” It says right there that God will take away the sorrow from inside of you. But even sometimes you have to get to the hardest point in your life to realize that putting your faith in God is the only way to victory.


Prayer
God I pray that you will help me understand that you are the only way to victory. God help me understand that having faith is all I can do to solve the pain I have. I pray that you will help me see positive outcomes of things. In Jesus’ name,  Amen.


Go Deeper
Ponder:

Psalms 31:23 "O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer." (KJV)


Apply:

If you're in a situation with a friend, at school or at home, take a moment to pray and use faith and believe that when you talk to God that he will hear you. He will answer you and you will know he is answered when you have peace.  Listen to that voice and follow what it says.


Read:

Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick

Share:
Who is a person in your life who shows great faith and what do they do to show it?



I am Alexandra Cagwin and I am a typical 14 year old girl.  I love laughter and spending time with my friends.  I enjoy being with my church and with my youth group mostly.  I spend my time playing softball,acting, and singing. I hope God will use me by allowing me to sing and act somewhere in my life.

Labels: ,



5 Comments:

Anonymous Debra Weiss said...

Hi Alexandra,

You did a terrific job. This was a beautiful devotional. :)

Keep shining your light for Jesus,

Debra

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This devotion has brightened my day! thank you for posting it!
Lauren

Blogger Lynn Cowell said...

Alexandra,
Sometimes it is confusing when things don't turn out the way that we believe they should. Wondering where God is is normal. It is so cool that we can discover that though others make poor choices, He never does and He never changes!

Thanks for encouraging us!

Anonymous Audrey Ellen said...

Alexandra, thought this was great! thanks for encouraging all of us! can't wait to read all you other devo's!

Audrey

Anonymous Kelly Timmerman said...

Alexandra
You wrote a beautiful devotion. Maybe God will use writing, too, in your future! Keep seeking His face!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits