Priority(s)

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Rachelle Rea

Matthew 6:33," But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (KJV)

The first week of second semester was hectic. It sounds cliché, but it’s true. I battled ice and bad weather, a cold and a headache, and, of course, the frenzy of the first day – when no one knew how to get where they were going.


I was snuggled under the covers Sunday morning, kept home from church by my persistent cold, when the truth struck me. ‘I haven’t had a quiet time all week.’

I had cracked open the cover of my Bible to get through the allotted section in my 90 Day reading plan. I had prayed for a few seconds, mostly ‘Lord, help me,’ or ‘Please bless him.’

It had been rote.

Habitual.

Mediocre.

Anything but real.

I know the recipe for JOY. Jesus. Others. Yourself.

But that is hard to put into practice. It is difficult to make ‘Jesus is Lord’ a reality in this ‘all about me’ culture. It becomes even more impossible when you compound that fact with homework, deadlines, tests, work, and relationships.


We will never be separated from the love of God, Paul tells us in Romans 8:38-39. Jesus’ love will never go away.

Yet sometimes I forget to abide in that love. Sometimes it gets buried beneath other priorities. But can I really have ‘priorities?’

“…We are only able to have one priority. The decision we have to make, then, is what that one priority is going to be.” - Craig Dunham and Dough Serven, TwentySomeone

This week I will choose the quiet time of the focused, intent and open heart – instead of the hurried, habit-driven one. I will choose to make my relationship with God my priority.

What will you choose?

Dear Lord, thank You for the precious gift of time You give me each day. Please grant me the wisdom I need to use it wisely and to choose You as my only priority. I surrender all of my time to You, Lord. In Jesus' name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:



 Apply: Surrender your to-do list and plans to God. Resolve to make Him your priority by spending time with Him.


 Read: Do Hard Things: A Teenage Rebellion Against Low Expectations  by Alex and Brett Harris


Ponder:   I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:24 (NIV)



 Share: Is surrender on your to-do list? Why?








Rachelle Rea, Rad Rev Devotion & Article Writer
A college freshman, Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. She is a scheduled and organized young woman addicted to her planner and pen. God is teaching her that spontaneity and writing in pencil can be very rewarding! Though she loves lists, she is learning to give her to-do list to God and put Him first.

For more from Rachelle, visit her blog at www.rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com.




Living with Purpose: A Radical Revolution ∙ A Ministry of Lynn Cowell
www.RadRevolution.org ∙ Lynn@LynnCowell.com

© 2009-2011 by Proverbs 31 Ministries




1 Comments:

Blogger Lynn Cowell said...

Thanks Rachelle! I want to make Him my priority too!

Lynn

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits