God...Jealous?

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



by Lynn Cowell


"...for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..." (Exodus 20:5)



There is a powerful word behind God's first commandment: You shall have no other gods before me. Jealously.




How you ever thought of God as jealous before? Doesn't seem right, does it?



Not only does He say that He is jealous, He says in Exodus 34:14 "Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God." (NLT) His very name is Jealous!



Deep Love




Before this commandment was given, God told Moses that His heart was filled with unfailing love and faithfulness; that He lavishes unfailing love to a thousand generations. This is why His feelings of jealousy run so deep! His love is so deep; so perfect. That's the kind of love I want!




Because His love for us is perfect and exactly what we need and crave, He is jealous for our love toward Him. He wants it to be undivided. He is not content to have part of us. God doesn't play fair; He won't share your heart with another. He desires to be your one and only.




Undivided Heart




Is there something else; someone else vying for the attention that belongs to God in your life? With Easter just around the corner, is there a gift; an offering of surrender that you could give to Him today to demonstrated your heart of gratitude?


Go Deeper:


Prayer:


"Lord is there anything in my life that I look to, love, or long for more than you? I want you to be my everything. I give it to you today."


Respond:


Maybe you have never given your life to Him in total surrender? He wants you to know Him! Click here to get to know Jesus!




Maybe you have a friend that you want to know Him the way you do, forward this post to her. This might be exactly what she needs to take her step of faith today!


The winner of our Bible give away from last week is Danielle! Danielle, please forward me your full name and address to Lynn@Proverbs31.org and I'll get it right out to you!






Lynn Cowell is a writer and speaker with Proverbs 31 Ministries. She loves susi, anything combining peanut butter and chocolate and well-worn sweatshirts. Her new study for teens is being released May 2nd: "His Revolutionary Love; Jesus' Radical Pursuit of You".


1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you so much, Lynn. I emailed you!

What a great post. I am searching my heart and seeking the Father on what I haven't surrendered that He wants. I know of one thing, and I am in the process of moving on that. Oh, it's scary but so exciting at the same time.

Can't wait for your book to come out!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits