Pure Heart

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.



By: Debra Weiss


Proverbs 4:23. “Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.” (NKJV)



Last summer, my family bought an above ground pool and somehow, I ended up caretaker of the pool. It was my responsibility to keep the water clear and pure. Things were always falling into the water. From leaves and bugs to rocks and more, the pool seemed to be a magnet for things that made my job that much harder.
At least once a day, I had to clean out the debris from the water using a long net. It was a hot, tiring process but failing to clean the pool properly would result in cloudy water. If the water was left cloudy overnight, the next morning the pool would be a slimy, green mess that no one could swim in.
On one particularly scorching day as I struggled in the hot sun to remove the bugs and leaves, God showed me that my heart wasn’t that different from the pool water. When I disobeyed God by gossiping about a friend, lying to someone, or yelling at my sisters, it was as if I were letting debris into my heart. When I let that sin sit in my heart, I would become angry and defensive. No one wanted to be around me.
I couldn’t clean my heart up on my own. Even when I tried, I only succeeded in covering up the wrong, not cleaning it. The only way to purify my heart was to confess my sins to God and ask His forgiveness. I had to follow the principle in 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (NJKV). By confessing my sin, I received forgiveness and my heart was purified.
Prayer:
Dear God, Purify my heart today. If there is anything in my heart, that is not pleasing to you, please convict me. Make me sensitive to your Holy Spirit so my heart may always be pure in your sight. In Jesus Name, Amen.  


GO DEEPER:



 Apply: Spend some time with God and ask Him to show you any area where you haven’t kept your heart pure. Confess your sin and ask God to clean your heart.


 Read: Authentic Beauty by Leslie Ludy


 Share:  Has God ever used a real life example to show you what your heart looks like?


Ponder:  He has removed our rebellious acts as far away from us as the east is from the west” (NLT).


  Debra Weiss is a twentysomething writer living on the East Coast. She writes to share a message of hope with teenage girls. With a chatty, big sister tone, and sound Biblical advice, Debra shares how girls can seek God's heart in the big and little things of life. You can find her online at www.DebraWeiss.net

Living with Purpose: A Radical Revolution ∙ A Ministry of Lynn Cowell
www.RadRevolution.org ∙ Lynn@LynnCowell.com
© 2011 by Debra Weiss


1 Comments:

Anonymous Lynn Cowell said...

Debra,

Thanks so much for the reminder that it is a DAILY process; we can't let sin build up!

Lynn

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits