Who is it You Want?

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.




By: Rachelle Rea



“Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. "I am He,” Jesus said… John 18:4-5 (NIV)



Staring at these few simple words, I couldn’t read any further. I felt as if the soldier’s words were an echo of my own heart.


For completely different reasons, those men and my soul were calling out to Jesus. They were under orders to put Jesus to death… I stand redeemed today because He died that death.



On that dark Passover night, the soldier and his comrades marched boldly up to the King of Kings, little knowing who it was they approached. Jesus asked who the group was looking for. He knew full well what their answer would be.


Still, He wanted them to say it out loud.


“…Jesus of Nazareth…”



The night I read those words I was ready to bury myself beneath the covers and sleep for a week. A long week weighed heavily on my head. Reaching for my Bible was an act of desperation, an attempt to find the words of encouragement I knew I needed.


Reading those words, I found them.



I realized that I too needed to say it out loud. So when He came and asked, “Who is it you want?” I admitted that it was Him and only Him,
It was my Savior…Messiah… Christ…Living God… Lord… Jesus that I wanted.



I don’t need to knock anymore on the doors of popularity, possessions, positions, reputation, or relationships.


I no longer desire those things.


It is Jesus I want.



So who is it that you want?



Ask for Jesus. Nothing else will ever fulfill. At no other door will you hear the answer you desire.


“I am He.”



In Christ alone
I place my trust
And find my glory in the power of the cross
In every victory
Let it be said of me
My source of strength
My source of hope
Is Christ Alone
- From the chorus of “In Christ Alone” by Shawn Craig and Don Koch



Lord Jesus, You are the One that I want. Nothing else will fulfill me. No one else is worthy of my devotion. In Jesus' name, Amen.



GO DEEPER:


Ponder: Psalm 16:11 (NIV) “You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.”


Apply: Think about where you find your fulfillment in. Is it in a relationship…reputation…position…popularity…or possession? Journal a prayer and express your devotion to Christ and Christ alone.


Watch:

If you can't see this video, follow this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jykn09Xud2c


Share: How can you place your fulfillment in Christ alone today?







Rachelle Rea, Rad Rev Devotion & Article Writer
A college freshman, Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. Clinging to the truth that she is complete in Christ, Rachelle is seeking daily to draw closer to God and find her satisfaction in Jesus – because nothing else will do.


For more from Rachelle, visit her blog at www.rosesdaringadventure.blogspot.com.




Living with Purpose: A Radical Revolution ∙ A Ministry of Lynn Cowell
www.LynnCowell.com
www.RadRevolution.org ∙ Lynn@LynnCowell.com

© 2010-2011 by Proverbs 31 Ministries


4 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Simply put: "It is Jesus I want."

Amen and AMEN!

Anonymous Tay said...

This is defintely something that I need to work on. Just being able to say, "All I want is Jesus". Just acknowledging that Jesus is enough for me.

It's like that song: "Your grace is enough, your grace is enough."

Anonymous Lynn Cowell said...

Sometimes this is hard to say; especially when everything around you screams out there is more - in something else or in someone else.

Jesus, empower us to run to You and only You!

Blogger Rachelle (Rose) said...

Me, too, Danielle, me, too!

Tay, I have by no means achieved the goal myself, but He is faithful, girl, and He'll help us come to that place! :-)

Amen, Lynn!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits