Let Him Rescue You

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.


By: Rachelle Rea

Psalm 18:16 & 19, "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters…He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.” (NIV)

Last school year, these verses spoke to my heart in a special way. They paint a picture of God’s faithful love and of His power to rescue me. I decided that I would hold them close in my heart as a reminder that, by His grace, I could survive my freshman year of college!

There were quite a few days when I felt like I was drowning in deep waters--deep waters of worry. At those times (especially the nights before my algebra tests when anxiety had my heart in an iron fist) I clung to the amazing reality of God’s love. He is able to reach down from His glorious throne and rescue me! He is able to draw me from the waters of worry and plant me safely in His spacious place!

Perhaps even more amazing is: He wants to.

That the God of the universe would reach down and save me from the panic of the night before exams takes my breath away. But isn’t that what Christianity is all about? God reached down to sinful man and provided a way to redemption through Christ. Yet God doesn’t want to just stop at promising us an eternity with Him. He also offers us life right here, right now, with Him.

He wants to bring you into a spacious place, too. He delights in you and wants you to delight in Him ~ free of worry. So this school year, search the Scriptures and choose one or two verses as your theme (perhaps the ones above!). Watch as He makes the promises of His Word a reality in your life. Let go of your worry and cling to the God who reaches down to rescue you.

Dear Lord, thank you for Your love. Thank you for being willing to rescue me from worry today. Please bless this school year. In Jesus' name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:

Ponder: “You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.” Psalm 18:35 (NIV)

Apply: Strengthen your faith by thinking back to other times when God humbled Himself in order to rescue His children (coming as a newborn baby to save us can be number one!).

Read: The Character of God: Understanding His Heart for Us

Share: What do your deep waters look like? Worry? Fear?

© 2011 by Rachelle Rea. All rights reserved.

Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA. As a college sophomore, she knows all about worrying! When those worries clutch her heart and she feels like she is wobbling high up on a tightrope, she turns to Psalm 18.

For more from Rachelle, visit her at www.rachellerea.com.




© 2011-2012 by Proverbs 31 Ministries

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits