We Relate Together - Chapter 8 - "His Revolutionary Love"

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,a time to keep and a time to throw away,"
Ecclesiastes 3: 1 - 6

We Relate Together
by Lynn Cowell


When it came to guys, I just didn't get it. I figured if they weren't calling me, it just meant they needed to see me. Maybe they didn't know that I liked them. Maybe they needed a little encouragement.


There is nothing worse than feeling invisible, you know? Nothing worse than thinking that someone else is everything, yet sensing he just wants to be friends or worse yet, he doesn't know you exist. Ever been there?


I wish someone had been straight up with me; just told me that the reason he wasn't contacting me was because he just wasn't that into me. 


I wish someone had told me that guys were never meant to fill up my heart. In fact, when I chase him, he feels smothered. 


I wish that someone had told me that to keep the interest fresh, I needed to do the opposite. I needed to hold a little bit back; be a little mysterious. Like our key first says, I had my seasons of life all messed up.


Now, I think differently. I think that what I needed to do was to be patient. I needed to pray. I needed to trust God's wisdom for my life. 


Friend, can I be the voice in your life that I didn't have in mine? When we trust God with relationships instead of pushing and shoving our way into a guy's heart, we can really know that it is his best and not just my own way of making something happen. When I finally gave up, he gave me his best and boy was he worth waiting for.


How about you, my friend? Are you waiting for the season when God says "yes"? When it is the right time to have a relationship with a guy? What do you find the hardest about waiting?

Labels: ,



4 Comments:

Anonymous Elin said...

What I find is hardest about guys for me, is that they don't talk! You know, as a girl I wanna hear that I'm amazing, and guys just don't cut it. So I prayed for months that God would send me a guy, any guy, didn't have to be my boyfriend. Just had to tell me like it is. So this summer I went to a training camp, on how to teach kids, with CEF. I met soooo many awesome kids. And you know what, I also met Andrew. He's 18 and AWESOME! He's not afraid to tell it like it is, but he always tells me I'm awesome or amazing. God had/has blessed me with an amazing friend. I'm soooo grateful.

Blogger LinneaSweets said...

I've been praying for so long for a boyfriend, and I can totally relate to your story Elin. It's not like I want to be someone without Jesus, but it seems like all guys want is the girls who throw themselves at guys and things like that. But it's important to keep the faith and Elin's story has totally inspired me! Can't wait to see what God will do in my life soon!!! <3 <3

Blogger Debra Weiss said...

Elin, I'm proud of you for praying about your situation. Having a trusted friend of the other gender can teach us so much - not just about guys in general but about our hearts as well!

Blogger Debra Weiss said...

Linnea Sweets, waiting on God for a boyfriend can be hard but I'm glad you're trusting Him.

I've watched girls get in over their heads when they start chasing guys and the results weren't pretty. It's always best to leave the time table up to God and rejoice in what you have now (for instance great girlfriends, a nice home, etc).

I'll be praying God gives you the courage to wait in the meantime. You are worth waiting for my dear sister!

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits