Redirections from God

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

"We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps." - Proverbs 16:9, New Living Translation

The week before my senior year started, I ran along the beach soaking up the last summer rays. I was excited to start my final year of high school. I thought it'd go by in a blur of fun memories and good times.

But things didn't go as I expected. I woke up two days after my beach trip with a bad headache. No matter what I did, the whole room seemed like it was spinning. I thought I had a stomach bug and spent most of the day on the couch, watching cartoons.

The next day, my headache was still there, so was the dizziness. I tried to keep up my usual pace of activities, but my energy levels quickly fizzled. The girl that was running on the beach just days earlier now couldn't walk five steps to the bathroom without assistance.

Within a month of that first day, I was bedridden. I saw some of the finest doctors at prestigious hospitals and no one knew what was wrong with my body. Finally, in the middle of my second semester of senior year, I was diagnosed with an auto-immune disorder.

By the time, I graduated high school I was able to walk across the stage, on my own. It felt great to be able to do that!

My plan for senior year was to have a good time, but God redirected me. Because of my illness, I've been given the chance to talk to teens in pain and help them see that God has a bigger purpose for their lives.

I call these situations "re-directions from God". While we may not always understand how or why He's re-directed us, we can trust that God has a better plan than you or I could ever imagine.

Dear Lord, help me to let go of my plans so I can discover Yours instead. I don't always understand Your plans but I know they are good. Help me to trust You even when my life is re-directed. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Go Deeper

Ponder: "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11, NLT)

Read: Rain on Me: Devotions of Hope and Encouragement for Difficult Times by Holley Gerth

Share: What's one situation where God re-directed you from your plans? How did things work out for your good?

Debra Weiss is a twenty-something writer passionate about helping teens see God's plan for their life, even in pain. Find out more about Debra on her website.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits