That Woman’s Testimony

This Website Has Moved

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://RadRevolution.com
and update your bookmarks.

John 4:39, “Many believed in Him because of that woman’s testimony…” (NIV)

“Lord,” I prayed one morning, “make me a more worthy messenger of Your Gospel. Make me more qualified, more equipped…” I stopped in the middle of my prayer, overcome with how selfish it had become.

I had prayed to become more worthy, when the only worthy One is Jesus Himself. I had asked to be more equipped when what I meant was “make it so that when I share the Gospel, I have all the answers and don’t embarrass myself.”

I wanted to be more qualified when I know that God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called. (Rev. Michael Beckwith said that.)

How different was my prayer from the story of the Samaritan woman! The Bible doesn’t give us her name, only her dramatic story and immeasurable legacy. Because of her life-changing meeting with Jesus at the well, an entire town of Samaritans was impacted for eternity.

Living water changed this woman forever, and because she couldn’t stop talking about this Jesus “who told her everything she ever did,” the destinies of countless others changed.

I want to be like that woman and make my life count that way. I never want to shut up about my Jesus!
Warning: When we let Jesus use us, our name may never be printed on the annals of history, our names may not even be remembered. But our lives will leave an eternal legacy.

I amended my prayer. “Lord, make me a more willing messenger of Your Gospel. Make me more open to Your Spirit’s leading and give me the words I need to say when I need to say them.”

Will you commit to being “that woman” with me today, not in it for the glory or recognition, but devoted to sharing your testimony so that many may believe?

Dear Lord, I want to be like that woman today, leading others to You. Open my mouth for You! In Jesus' name, Amen.

GO DEEPER:

Ponder: “‘Now, Lord, …enable Your servants to speak Your word with great boldness’… And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.” Acts 4:29 & 31

Apply: On a sheet of paper, write out your story of how you came to know Jesus. Practice with it until you feel comfortable sharing it with others.

Share: Have you ever shared your story?

Rachelle Rea coaches gymnastics at her local YMCA and is a college sophomore. She loves to write about what God is teaching her and how He is working in her life, but it is harder to share her story out loud. One thing that encourages her is that God says we don’t need to agonize about what we will say when opportunities come up to share the Gospel, because the Holy Spirit will be with us (Mark 13:11)!

For more from Rachelle, visit her at www.rachellerea.com.

Labels:



1 Comments:

Anonymous Audrey Ellen said...

Post a Comment

Home

contact
about
links
search
recent
archives
miscellaneous
credits